Any event booking with Fireside Folktales includes:
- A company of professional actors to perform your chosen play.
- A beautifully decorated 8m diameter bell tent and matting. (If you prefer, we can instead perform at a venue of your choice, e.g. at your wedding venue or corporate party.)
- Seating inside the tent for an audience of up to 45.
- Self-contained 3.5m diameter props and costume/changing room tent.
- Anything from one to five performances of your choice of our original plays, depending on the length of booking.
- All props and costumes.
- Atmospheric lighting for evening performances – no electricity required.
- Complete set up and taking down of tents.
- The option of including a campfire in our mediaeval-style firepit, along with marshmallows for you and your guests to toast over it before you enter the tent.*
As well as our usual selection of tales for all ages and occasions, we are also able to create a bespoke event, writing a new piece of work specifically for you, if we are given sufficient notice.
Should you wish to discuss a booking of any sort - performances, workshops, or both, at an appropriate venue of your choice - please don't hesitate to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible. All bookings vary and each enquiry will receive a unique quote, tailored to your specific needs and depending on your particular requirements. No event is too small or unusual – if you are interested in exploring the options, please get in touch!
Shakespeare’s Globe, the Unicorn Theatre and the National Theatre, among others, have warned that British children’s access to live productions is under threat, not least because of budget cuts, time constraints and concerns over travel etc, all of which can prevent schools from being able to take pupils out to the theatre. Fireside Folktales can remedy these issues by bringing the theatre to you – saving on costs and ensuring that, even in those schools where trips out are not a possibility, pupils do not suffer from a lack of the same access to culture within the education system that other students from different socio-economic backgrounds enjoy. The arts are for everyone, as are the countless benefits they offer – and we can’t wait to share them with your children…